Forums
April 27, 2024, 08:59 PM

Author Topic: Game #72700, Reported by SnipeR`  (Read 10806 times)

Offline darKz

Re: Game #72700, Reported by SnipeR`
« Reply #120 on: June 09, 2011, 09:13 AM »
Be a man and start learning the rope

LMFAO GOOD ONE! xD
I remember knowing who it was but dont remember exactly what I knew
~ Dubc 2010

« Reply #121 on: June 09, 2011, 09:26 AM »
;O

This game is over 10 years old.  And many people have been playing it that long.  You shouldn't need to download mods and enhance your input device to extreme levels to compete.

This game's beautiful roping engine is a totally different experience to anything else.  It's all about the practice and the training over a long period of time.

It's not about the input device.  As long as it's comfortable and usable.  That's all the enhancement required imo.

:<

Offline Anubis

« Reply #122 on: June 09, 2011, 10:07 AM »
;O

This game is over 10 years old.  And many people have been playing it that long.  You shouldn't need to download mods and enhance your input device to extreme levels to compete.

This game's beautiful roping engine is a totally different experience to anything else.  It's all about the practice and the training over a long period of time.

It's not about the input device.  As long as it's comfortable and usable.  That's all the enhancement required imo.

:<

I agree with the download mods, but I do not agree with the input device. Some people play games for fun, other want to be able to play 100% of their capabilities. And there is nothing wrong with it, I am not telling my clan mates to buy a better kb when they fail so much, it's their decision. Many people would be better with different keyboards, there is a reason why people buy new keyboards, to get better. If some want to relay on unreliable keyboards, they can I won't throw stones in their way but I don't want to blame my keyboard for my failure. In your viewpoint (enhancing keyboard shouldn't be necessary) everyone that has a keylock shouldn't feel the need to remap to a more comfortable solution. And what is any different than a keylock and an unreliable space bar?

For me personally a reliable keyboard means more creativity since my actions are performed exactly at the time I pressed the key, I don't feel the need to calculate the way it takes from my brain to the keyboard is a way to measure skill. If at all it means that you got used to the delay you have, which is easily removable.

It's like people that got used to a 100ms Ping in Ego Shooter, I can't see people moaning about people that have a very fast connection that they are being lame. If you want less delay. Just do it! If you feel like your okay with the delay you have, fine so be it. But don't force others to be okay with it when it's technically possible to reduce the lag/delay without alternating the game engine at all. In the case of Internet lag: Get a better Internet connection, in the case of tap delay: get a better keyboard or sit down and think of a solution.

« Last Edit: June 09, 2011, 10:13 AM by DeathInFire »

« Reply #123 on: June 09, 2011, 10:35 AM »
Yeah, a working keyboard.  No key lock.  USB connection. Comfortable, modern etc.  These are all musts for a serious roper.

There becomes a point where it goes beyond optimising your input device and into the realms of cheating.

Offline Husk

« Reply #124 on: June 09, 2011, 11:08 AM »
for example the use of macros?

with scripts, u can have any number of rope shots for 1 press of spacebar, and that to me is cheating.

Offline Anubis

« Reply #125 on: June 09, 2011, 11:13 AM »
Yeah, a working keyboard.  No key lock.  USB connection. Comfortable, modern etc.  These are all musts for a serious roper.

There becomes a point where it goes beyond optimising your input device and into the realms of cheating.

Would you care to explain the things that are beyond optimizing?

« Reply #126 on: June 09, 2011, 11:18 AM »
lol I agree with Anubis, but there must be some boundaries of improving input devices. I'm gonna finish a roping robot soon and let it rope for me, so I will just enjoy a wonderful roping :D

dt`wreckz: zooks are effected my win

« Reply #127 on: June 10, 2011, 05:40 AM »
lol I agree with Anubis, but there must be some boundaries of improving input devices. I'm gonna finish a roping robot soon and let it rope for me, so I will just enjoy a wonderful roping :D

Yeah this is really the best point Kai. We do have to draw the line somewhere, we can't simply keep allowing more and more input devices whenever people start using something new, even though I do want to include as many people as possible into the non-cheating club.

I also think it's fine to minimize the effort it takes to rope/tap, but if you go too far with that thinking, it can ruin the game and make things too easy, and most of us love worms for the challenging skill sets we can develop. For finger rolling at least, we've already gone plenty far enough by allowing two spaces to be used. And that still requires some timing, at least avoiding pressing both buttons at the same time. This macro eliminates the timing needed for a quick one-two tap, which can take a long time to develop. And since a lot of people have already invested that time, I think at this point it would be unfair to them to allow something like this to be legal.

Offline Anubis

« Reply #128 on: June 10, 2011, 07:17 AM »
I know Mab, and I fully agree that this script should not be supported in W:A. The only thing that concerns me is that you may develop an anti futuristic view for keyboards. I mean you have seen all the things that are currently too expansive or too rare, but I remember back in 2000 the ultra flat keyboards were still very rare and many keyboards were still immense in weight and size. In the upcoming years we will most likely see more of this touchscreen keyboards especially when price drops. So you should at least have an open door for new technology.

Offline Devilage

« Reply #129 on: June 10, 2011, 09:43 AM »
Ban the use of keychange and remaping tools, BAM problem solved, no one can fr with multiple keys anymore. I can tell who is using fr with multiple keys and who is not. Don't be such f@#!ing noobs and learn how to tap with 1 finger.

If you finger rollers have a problem with that then shut the f@#! up about this program. You're all equally lame in my eyes.

wa was made for one space bar, fr on one space sounds like a challenge but two spaces? dah.

Smoking proud.

« Reply #130 on: June 10, 2011, 07:21 PM »
In my view, in league games should be allowed to use any software designed to modify. I met not only with the rope but also to hysterii (eg when LG turns away from the touch immediately) or also from the host without your consent run light and go to the game. this shit......

Offline Guaton

« Reply #131 on: June 10, 2011, 07:50 PM »
...also to hysterii (eg when LG turns away from the touch immediately) or also from the host without your consent run light and go to the game. this shit......

eh?

Offline darKz

« Reply #132 on: June 10, 2011, 10:46 PM »
r3spect did you forget a "not" in that statement or are you retarded? You choose!
I remember knowing who it was but dont remember exactly what I knew
~ Dubc 2010

Offline OrangE

« Reply #133 on: June 12, 2011, 10:29 PM »
I'm really not going to read through what everyone said here. :D I'll just say this: whoever uses cheat to get better in a game like Worms is a f@#!ing lifeless pathetic loser. ;D PLAY FOR f@#!'S SAKE THIS IS A GAME WHERE YOU SHOOT BAZOOKAS WITH WORMS Z0MFG!!!44

Play however you want, twitch, fingerroll, whatever, but I don't understand this stupid conversation about "no, fr is pr0" "no, twitch is pr0" BLABLA especially from Maciej, omg, since the first time I ever met you you were saying fr all the time like the kid who gets a new toy and puts it into every conversation that comes up :D OKAY WE UNDERSTAND NOONE CARES OKAY??? XDDD

And about the cheaters: use whatever script, macro, NASA computer you want, as long as you are trying to speed up your development of rope skills, you simply skip important steps in the way and you will never ever be a good roper. Not to mention that people will laugh at you because that is just pathetic. Be a man and start learning the rope instead of mashing your keyboard with your thumb in your ass saying "PORRA ME GOOD ROPE"

wow this message brought the anger out of me xD have fun reading :D

rofl, this message totally says what i would never explain with my bad english. Thanks ray

Offline mystery

• Chile Chile
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: June 23, 2011, 05:05 PM »
Any kind of advantage that allows you to improve your rope skills and cannot be obviously detected by others shouldn't be consider as cheating. There's where I'd draw the line xD

You can't forbid something you can't prove.

I mean nobody knew for sure these Brazilian guys were cheating until now. Now we know because they're idiots and openly admitted the use of it.